the well of providence is deep ... it is the buckets we bring to it that are small ... Mary Webb



Sunday, January 17, 2010

fear and consequences

Last night I visited "ponderful lessons", a blog I created six months ago and that I have not written in for three months.

I have not written in it for three months because I was afraid.

I have not written in it for three months because I did not think I had anything to say.

But I discovered last night that I did have something to say, AND I liked what I had to say.

This self-doubt is the bane of writers.

I became so afraid of not having anything of interest to say and of not being able to say it well, that I let a now uncountable number of ideas pass right on by.

That I could have written about.

And that readers MAY have enjoyed reading about.

This I must remember ...

No comments: